Few companies recognize the value of their data until it is gone or being held for ransom. The biggest assets in the past were physical – land, buildings, and machinery, but that has rapidly transitioned to intellectual property and data. The advent of the internet has made it easy to store and exchange data globally and with it have come thousands of services, paid and free, vying to help manage our biggest asset.
Is a free service really free? Are the services safe, equal? No!
Personal and Corporate data is today’s gold rush evidenced by:
- The largest companies extraordinary profits from the management of data.
- The advent of ransomware gangs that hold data for ransom and/or auction it to the highest bidder on the dark web.
Obviously our collective data is immensely valuable but few individuals and companies really know where it is – it’s usually scattered across multiple sites, drives, and systems on other companies’ property. As enterprises grow and adopt more cloud based technology, the attack surface is growing (CSO report on Cicer One’s Cyber Security News) As we grapple with the idea that our gold is in other people’s hands, it becomes apparent that cloud storage and apps simply aren’t suitable for the all data storage and exchange that needs to be kept secure.
Ask yourself, if my sensitive information is published or sold on the web:
– what would it cost me to recover
– what would it do to my reputation
– am I legally liable to my clients or vendors for losing their IP?
Many companies don’t recover from a serious data breach. Cicer One now offers 3 solutions for companies to protect their sensitive data assets:
– Cloud SCUTE – this is hosted in a secure facility and Cicer One cannot access the data by design. It is a good place to start securing your data and you can easily transition to Hosted or On-Premise SCUTE.
– Hosted SCUTE – Cicer One hosts dedicated physical hardware that only you can access. The hosted service provides redundant power and network which is not available on premise for many companies.
– On-Premise SCUTE – the most secure version has the physical keys and system hardware located on your premises and in your complete control.
Get ahead of your competitors and the nefarious criminals and ensure the safety of your data ‘gold’ for all the stakeholders including employees, clients, vendors, and investors. Purchase your own SCUTE or reach out to us for a 30 minute demo.